Pages

Tuesday, January 17

To destash, or not to destash... that is the question...

My stash has been on my mind a lot lately. It seems that for every project I actually finish, I start two more. For every project I start, I buy supplies for two more. Houston, I think we have a problem. I'm thinking back to all of my recent purchases starting with the wool for the Skacel sweater which is now nearly half done.

On the needles {from recent purchases}: Kerchief scarf out of Bernat Eye Lash. Bernat Sox Army Hot for the girls. Briggs & Little Tuffy socks for Derek. Scrunchable scarf for Alex out of two strands of RHSS.

Waiting in line {recently purchased}: More army socks. STR socks now that I've chosen patterns. I have the Fibre Trends mittens kit. There's the silk waves scarf kit. HBC bogger bag. Lissa's cabled poncho. Fuzzy mittens in Bernat Softee Chunky and Eye Lash. Beaded bag for me.

I won't even begin to get into the other items around here. There's enough sock yarn to make us each a pair for a month, I'd bet. I have a ton of RH Comfort pounders for making the kids their winter stuff. More WIPs and UFOs than I can count. Plus I want to make items for the girls' school out of leftovers.

Then there is my WIM list of things to buy. I desperately want to make the circular shrug from Vogue Knitting. There's a dreadlock poncho kit from Ram's that I've been eyeing up. Can't for get all the designs I want to make as well.

I don't know where to begin. They say the first step to overcoming an addiction is to admit you have a problem. I'm not sure if this is an addiction or not. I truly *do* want to make all these things, but where to find the time? Add to that, that my hands have been bothering me a lot. I know it's because I've been doing so much knitting, and not enough crocheting. I need to come up with a solution that I can actually live with and follow.

No comments: