Pages

Wednesday, January 11

Gotta love big needle projects!

Pinwheel #1, about 10-12 rounds Well I went through all the posts at craftster about the Skacel sweater, and I got a lot of good information. I would say that in about 4 hours work, I've got the pinwheel to about the 16 inch diameter point. I used my 10 mm dpns for the first part, and then switched to a 12.75 mm 29" circ when the pattern told me to switch. The first few rounds with the huge circ were a bit of a pain, but not *that* bad. After going through all the posts, and checking my pattern {and the pic!} again, I realized that there isn't a side panel on this sweater. The entire front or back is the pinwheel. That makes it tons easier to modify. One lady that finished her sweater added about 6 rounds to the pinwheel before the instructions that convert the circle to more of a rectangle, and said that was enough to give her the ease she needed. Well, if I'm only on round 22 or something similar, and have about 10 more rounds to go before dividing it into top and bottom, I might be okay just the way it is. I'll have to check the measurements again as I get closer to that point. My math may be wonky, but I'm guessing in the range of 10 rounds to 6-7 inches. That will give me about 20 inches across when I hit the round 32 mark. That gives a finished measurement of 40", and that's not too bad. I'll see when I get there.

I will need my other circ soon, and I need to decide what I'm going to do with the shawl that's on it. At the rate I'm going, I will need the circ tomorrow, and I don't think I feel like finishing the shawl first. Since it's a specialty size, I really can't justify having *three* circulars in this size, as well as the straights... decisions, decisions...

No comments: