Pages

Monday, January 2

Luscious Loot!

Well I took some pics of the wool kit I bought at Ram's on Friday. It's from Fleece Artist, which is in Nova Scotia. I'm actually finding it kind of neat to be using natural fibres that are made in Canada. If the mitts work up nicely, I'll go back for more to make slipper socks for myself. I just wish the Briggs & Little I bought for Derek was a superwash, then I'd be more tempted to make myself a pair of socks out of that too.

FA wools in hanks.The one on the left is mohair, and the one on the right is Blue Face Leicester, a 100% wool. This pic was taken before I balled it up. The pictures don't show it all that well, but the colourways are a variety of lilac and mauve shades with a touch of blue.

FA Mohair.This is a close up of the mohair. Doesn't it just make you want to roll around in it? You can click on it to see a bigger version of it.

FA Blue Face Leicester.This is the Blue Face Leicester. The picture doesn't do it justice. The colours, while subtle, are amazing. The full-size version of this picture shows the colours better.

FA wools in balls.Here they are after I balled them up. The mohair was nearly a nightmare to do. It's going to be interesting once I start on the mitts. It clings to itself like there's no tomorrow. The BFL should make it a lot more managable though. I'm certainly hoping so!

No comments: