Pages

Wednesday, January 11

Knitting and crocheting for charity.

Well I decided today to use up some of my "unwanted" yarn, and make it into stuff for charity. Well not exactly "charity", but I am giving it away to those that need it. I started a scrunchable scarf in some dark pink acrylic I had kicking around. As I find yarn, I'm going to make it into scarves, hats and mitts for the Family Centre at my daughters' school. They've always been very helpful to us, and this is my way of saying thank you to them. They will be able to give the stuff to kids that need it for recess and such at the school. It's also a great way to get rid of my odds and ends that I don't want. I've also been known to give balls of yarn to the school for them to use for the classroom craft centres.

No comments: