Pages

Thursday, December 29

Scrunchable scarf #1 on the needles.

Well I bit the bullet and frogged the short row ribbed scarf I was doing for Alex. I got the pattern from the magknits site, and wasn't happy with how it was turning out double-stranded. I'll try that one again with the girls' scarves since those ones will be single strand WW. For the scrunchable scarf, I cast on 23 {mult. of 3 + 2} stitches. I'm using 2 strands of RH Comfort WW, and 10.0 mm needles. I'm slipping the first stitch and knitting the last stitch of each row. It's working out to be about 8 inches wide which I think will be much more managable for Alex. I'll keep knitting until I think it's long enough, and will be adding a conventional fringe. Then I'll make one for Lissa... not that she *needs* another scarf. =o)

No comments: