Pages

Wednesday, December 21

One more gift done!

Well I finished off Alex's stocking cap yesterday. I came up with a pretty interesting looking tassel/ pompom alternative to finish it off with. It turned out a little bigger than I had hoped/expected, so I'm going to have to play with the pattern a bit more before I can put it up on the Bistro. My 3.75 mm circular has decided to play hide-n-seek, so I can't even start one of the hats for Lissa or the girls. I'll get a pic of him modelling it on Christmas.
I cast on Alex's short row ribbed scarf last night. I went with a 10 mm pair of needles with the two strands of WW. It's turning out huge AND thick. It will be okay for when the girls take him to the park, but it won't be practical for me to make one for Lissa. I'll have to figure out something different for her. Perhaps a mini-HP scarf??? I'll make her hat first anyway since she already has the fur scarf from last year, and I made her a LB Boucle/Fun Fur scarf like I did for the girls.
I doubt if I'll get any more hats done in time for Christmas. I want to get the thumbs on the girls' mitts, and figure out what all I'm going to get finished otherwise.

No comments: