Wednesday, March 22

Alex's pullover revealed finally!

Well I finally did the last bit of seaming on Alex's ribbed pullover. It sure was a PITA learning how to do the mattress stitch... especially on knitting that isn't plain stockinette. The finished result is worth it though. It would have looked awful if I would have just overcast the seams.
I've been quite sick lately, so I just haven't been at the pooter at all really for the last week. I picked up a shift for tonight, so I'll be busy with that again! I've also finished my Bernat Sox socks for myself, but I still have a few more ends to weave in on one of them. I have started a ribbed sock for myself out of my Kroy, but I haven't gotten around to frogging the other one yet. And I've started a ribbed pullover for Lissa out of some pink vari I picked up nearly two years ago at a garage sale! I've bit the bullet, and I'm working on the seams for my pinwheel sweater too... gotta get a few of those nearly-FOs cleared up.


Kathen said...

Awwwww! Cute kid, and great pullover!

Lyz said...

Alex's sweater turned out awesome! It looks great. I bet Alex is so happy to have a new sweater. I knew you could do that seaming! Sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Nicole said...

Thanks ladies! Alex loves his pullover, and he actually keeps it on for more than 10 minutes at a time. A new record!!!