Pages

Wednesday, February 8

Countdown to Friday morning

Well I got some done on my pinwheel sweater today. I'm now less than 7 rounds of neckline away from being done the knitting. I still have the seams to do, and I think I'm going to add a round of slip stitch or single crochet around the bottom to neaten up the sloppy {IMO} way the designer had the shaping. This sweater is going to be gorgeous, but personally I'd never make another. There's so many things that could have been done slightly different to make this project more professional looking... such as not having such a sloppy bottom edge. Of course that's just my 2¢ CAD, and we all know that's worth next to nothing with the world exchange rates. Overall, I guess I'd have to say I'm disappointed in it because after investing so much time and money into this sweater, it's not pleasing me as much as the picture in the ad had enticed me.

Knitting Olympics Update

There was a comment today on my post to Team Canada about Peer Gynt behaving more like a superwash wool. Since I'm doing tons of laundry to try and keep up {pitifully} with Derek's cleaning efforts this week, I'll bite the bullet and knit up a small swatch of the yellow wool and try to felt it in one of the loads of laundry tomorrow. If it doesn't felt at all, then I'll have to hit Ram's on Friday morning. If they have no substitute at all, then I'll just use a smaller needle for a thicker fabric and try to felt the cream wool a bit to make it less stretchy. Wish me luck... this is not what I needed to hear less than 48 hours before cast on!

No comments: