Pages

Saturday, October 1

A Fast FO!!! And tales from Tuesday...

On Friday last week I bought myself two balls of yarn for a quick scarf. I found a freebie pattern at work for one made with one strand of LB Boucle and one strand LB Fun Fur. I got Tropical Fun Fur and Wild Berries Boucle. I bought some needles too as I couldn't remember which size the pattern called for, and of course bought the wrong ones!!! On Tuesday I got the right ones and cast on the stitches on Wednesday... that was as long as I could wait! Well I finished off the scarf on Friday morning. It went together so fast that I would say I spent less than 5 hours working on it. I'm kinda disappointed that it isn't as long as I was hoping for, but it's still cute, and I hope to wear it soon {for fashion, NOT necessity!!!}. I'll get a picture of that one up soon.

While out on Tuesday afternoon, I also popped into my LYS, Camille's Elegant Yarns, to price out the sweater/ shrug I want to make from Vogue Knitting, and to check out the Patons Kroy. I was pleased to find out that if I want to, I can make that sweater for under $50!!! She doesn't carry the yarns called for in the pattern, but reasonably priced alternatives are available there.

The sock yarn selection there was to die for! I found some camoflage Bernat Sox that's going to have to come home with me soon. I was just going to make a pair for Alex, until the girls started drooling when I told them about it! There was a selection of the Kroy on sale so I picked up 2 balls of a discontinued colour {Fancy Free} to make me a pair of socks. There's all kinds of solids, stripes, and jaquards there, and I was nearly hyperventilating! Most of them are between $5 and $8 a ball, so I can see a lot of trips there for 2 balls at a time!

The main purpose of our trip out shopping on Tuesday was to get the fabric for the bird cage cover for Nigel. I was kinda shocked at how much we paid for the fabric... but it will look nice once it's done. I guess that means I have to get out my sewing machine and start designing! The way I want to set it up is that it will be reversible with a bird print on one side and a fish print on the other. I'm going to use a bias binding edging, and may crochet an attached edging for the bottom. It will close using velcro, and the leftover fabric will be put into what I call a birdcage bumper pad! A strip that wraps around the bottom of the cage to help prevent seeds and such from falling out of the cage. Wish me luck!!

No comments: