Pages

Monday, September 25

Progress Friday...

What? It's not Friday, you say? Sure it is... for me!!! Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! To be perfectly honest, last week completely knocked me out, and I forgot neglected to do my progress post, or to even take pictures! I still haven't taken any pictures, but this past week has been a huge mish-mosh of socks and various patterns. Since I finished the Kroy and Pretty Petals I've been drifting around from sock to sock, and of course have cast on even more! I need to update my sidebar as well. I joined yet *another* sock KAL, so I cast on for that one, using one of the balls of my Rams Surprise Package stash.

Currently, here is the lineup of victims: Scales Skin Socks: SSS#1 was finished last week, and #2 was cast on. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will finish the pair in time for the deadline later this week, but I should be done shortly after. I'm about three inches into this one.
Derek's Silk Socks: This poor sock is languishing in the background for the time being... to be honest, I can't remember the last time I worked a round on them!
Dura Cabled Socks: My lonely design has been sitting all by itself in my sock bin... another victim of neglect.
Rebecca's Ribbed Camo Socks: This is supposed to be my back-and-forth-to-work sock, but after turning the heel, I wasn't sure if I'd decreased enough for the foot. After three days of sitting on my desk, I finally remembered asked her to try it on, and I was right... I need to frog back a few rounds and decrease at least 4 more times.
My Ankle Socks: These are the ones I'm designing in Lang Jawoll. These were a temporary fix for my work sock problem, and ended up the same way Rebecca's did... needing a try-on to see if I'd decreased enough. I had, and now I'm cruising right along. I'm about a third to half way down the foot on these.
Jackie's Red Socks: This one is the solid, child-size version of my design. I still haven't decided how long I'm going to make the leg on these, so they've come in handy for when I can't take anything else to work with me. I'm about four inches into this one.
Old Shale Socks: This is the newest addition to my line-up, and the current pattern for the Socknitter's List KAL that I just joined. I'm using one of my Super Soxx balls for this in a brown/ blue/ beige colourway, and won't be using a solid like the pattern calls for. I'm still working on the cuff of the first one, but I'm not sure how much longer I will make it. It calls for 6 repeats of the lace pattern, but I'll see if I'm happy with the length once I get to that point, which should be at some time during my weekend.

In other news: I'm applying for two different positions at work... keep your fingers and needles crossed for me that I get one of them. Both of them include raises of differing amounts, both will contribute to my eventual management goals, and both include REAL weekends off {Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday}. I also destashed some of my sock yarn on the weekend. My friend Sandi had her baby and I brought over some of my Bernat Sox to start her sock addiction.

No comments: