Pages

Tuesday, April 19

Hurry up and wait!

Isn't that how it always is? You rush through everything, and are stuck sitting around doing nothing at the end!!!

Patience has never been one of my strong suits, and at my age, trying to change is nearly impossible! But that is what I need to do! I am finding myself chomping at the bit to get patterns uploaded to Ravelry, but I am forced to take to take baby steps.

I currently have around a dozen completed patterns that need testing. I discovered quite quickly that it's *very* easy to get overwhelmed when dealing with multiple testers and multiple patterns!!! In order to keep my own personal high standards of quality, I need to restrict myself to one or two designs being tested at a time.

So now I'm in the hurry up and wait stage!!! I scramble to get the patterns formatted for testing, and make arrangements to go into town to email the necessary files off to the testers. Then I play the "Final Jeopardy Theme" over and over in my mind as I wait to hear back.

I'm also waiting to hear about the results of the sock design contest I entered. When those results come in, it decides which additional patterns get added to the testing queue. I think I need some Calgon...and a soundproof bathroom door!!!

Until next time,
Nicole =o)


Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Virgin Mobile.

No comments: