Well I finally feel up to posting and such again. Our house still isn't in complete order, but it's getting there. The big drive of momentum that Derek and I started off with began dwindling down after about 5 days straight of cleaning, tearing apart, repairing, and painting. The living room and dining room look really nice now... better than before IMO, and once the bedroom doors have gotten another coat of paint on them, and the one piece of of trim is replaced beside the couch, it will be basically all done. There still are a lot of things we'd like to do in here, but I think Derek wants to get the stairway painted and the upstairs hallway redone first. It's basically just finishing touches I think. I've also been thinking about how we want to redo our bedroom, as well as the kitchen and Alex/ Lissa's bedroom.
I haven't really been doing too much work on my projects. Most of them are stashed away in Alex/ Lissa's bedroom, as that's where we had cleaned out first to make room for all the things we needed to get out of the way fast. I have been looking at afghan patterns a bit, and I think I've found one to replace the round ripple. I *will* make another one of those -- I liked the pattern -- but it wasn't meant to be the pattern I used for Colton's blanket. I have, however, been "fishing" away like crazy. I've been working on the fish, and got nearly 20 done in the last week. I didn't pick up a hook or needle until Sunday after the fire, so I'd say I did about 2-3 a day. I finished off the first ball of the pink/ purple vari, and have bought a second ball. I'm waiting for the RH shipments at work so that I can get at least 2 more of the vari, and one more of the fuschia. So far no luck in the last week or so. I have been going outside at my breaks at work, or else I would have gotten at least 5 more done probably. We starting going outside to smoke again a few days ago, so that should improve my fish stash, or work on my socks once those are found again.